Scholarship Funds: Investing in Our Future
A scholarship fund at Truman Heartland Community Foundation couples your dreams with the Foundation’s expertise in scholarship administration to provide the support students need to follow their dreams and work
toward a brighter future. By investing in area students, you are elevating the economic standing of families in our community and making an impact for generations to come.
How it works:
2 Administration Options:
We handle administrative details and award scholarships in the name of the fund in amounts based on its value.
- Advisory Committee: You choose members to serve on an Advisory Committee, along with
one THCF representative and review all eligible scholarship applications. Then the committee makes recommendations to the Truman Heartland Board to award scholarships to deserving students.
- Foundation Selection: Truman Heartland’s Scholarship Committee reviews all eligible scholarship applications and makes the scholarship award selections.
6 Ways We Make it Easy:
- We create the scholarship application
- We publicize its availability
- We coordinate the selection process
- We send award letters
- We process payments
- We track student performance to ensure that the recipients continue to meet the terms for renewable scholarship support.
Start a Scholarship Fund at THCF
scholarship brochure (PDF)
Aiding Future Generations
Your $25,000 establishing gift is placed into an endowment that is invested over time. Earnings from your fund are used to award scholarships. Your gift makes a permanent impact for generations of students in your chosen impact area.
Download a sample endowment illustration