Choose How You Give
Are You Ready to Make a Bigger Impact?
Truman Heartland Community Foundation (THCF) can help. By partnering with THCF, you will benefit from our shared resources and join the others in our communities already doing more with their charitable giving.
The goal is simple. The options are vast. We are here to help you find the best vehicle to accomplish your charitable goals.
Your 7 Options for Giving Now
- Community Grant Making Funds provide THCF with flexible resources to address the community’s most pressing needs, now and into the future. THCF’s Board of Directors and Advisory Boards make informed funding decisions after reviewing community grant applications and conducting on-site visits insuring the most qualified charities receive funding to meet the current and pressing needs of today and tomorrow.
- Donor Advised Funds help you become strategic in your giving, receive tax benefits while your investments have the opportunity to grow and allows you to better support the charities close to your heart.
- Scholarship Funds can benefit individuals attending specific institutions or those with particular backgrounds or interests. We work with you to set appropriate guidelines for candidate selection and scholarship awards to comply with IRS regulations.
- Field of Interest Funds allow you to concentrate your giving on a particular issue or geographic area — such as ending hunger, protecting the environment, improving education or needs in your community. You direct your giving to the nonprofits addressing your causes or you can give that responsibility to THCF to make those selections.
- Designated Funds support specific charitable organizations of your choice.
- Nonprofit Partner Funds are set up by nonprofits to grow their assets and, in so doing, can provide a permanent source of revenue for their organization.
- Foundation Fans are supporters of the initiative work and programs provided by THCF beyond our donor services.
Your 5 Options for Giving Later
If you are interested in making a permanent impact in the world, you may consider giving as a part of your estate plan. We have a number of giving options for you and your professional advisor to consider.
We can help you make an impact long after you are gone with these 5 options:
- Retirement Accounts
- Life Insurance
- Charitable Remainder Trusts
- Charitable Gift Annuities
What to Give
Establish a fund with cash, securities or real estate. We have the expertise and the resources to address your needs, your way. THCF accepts gifts of all sizes and types, and specializes in complex gifts. THCF’s Gift Acceptance Policy is available upon request from the Foundation's office.
Your 5 Gift Options: